[AgMIP] course The Art of Modelling

agmip at lists.agmip.org agmip at lists.agmip.org
Thu Feb 5 08:04:35 BRST 2015

Dear all,

>From 18-29 May 2015 we will organize the postgraduate course 'The Art of Modelling' at Wageningen University.

This course provides an introduction to modelling, and will provide all the basic modelling concepts and steps to develop and use a model. The main themes are:

*        Modelling concepts

*        Model design

*        Model use

*        Calibration and validation

*        Sensitivity and uncertainty

*        Linearity and complexity

*        Reporting on model studies

The target group is PhD students, post-docs and academic staff in agronomy, ecology and environmental sciences. The course is open for participants outside Wageningen, so if you are interested, please find more information on www.pe-rc.nl<http://www.pe-rc.nl>.

Kind regards, Pytrik Reidsma

Dr. Pytrik Reidsma
Assistant Professor
Plant Production Systems, Wageningen University
P.O.Box 430, 6700 AK Wageningen, The Netherlands
Tel:  +31 (0)317-485578, Fax:  +31 (0)317-484892
E-mail: pytrik.reidsma at wur.nl<mailto:pytrik.reidsma at wur.nl>

www.wageningenur.nl/en/Persons/dr.-P-Pytrik-Reidsma.htm<http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Persons/dr.-P-Pytrik-Reidsma.htm>
www.wageningenur.nl/en/Expertise-Services/Chair-groups/Plant-Sciences/Plant-Production-Systems-Group.htm<http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Expertise-Services/Chair-groups/Plant-Sciences/Plant-Production-Systems-Group.htm>
www.wageningenur.nl/nl/Expertises-Dienstverlening/Onderzoeksinstituten/plant-research-international/Klimaat-en-Landbouw.htm<http://www.wageningenur.nl/nl/Expertises-Dienstverlening/Onderzoeksinstituten/plant-research-international/Klimaat-en-Landbouw.htm>