[AgMIP] Critical temperatures for rice, wheat and maize - GCB

agmip at lists.agmip.org agmip at lists.agmip.org
Mon Jan 13 11:15:30 BRST 2014

Dear all

Please see the attached paper on critical temperatures in wheat, rice and maize. These thresholds need to be included in simulation models if they are not in them.

Unfortunately the paper came too late for IPCC Working Group 2 for AR5.

I would like to acknowledge the efforts of Berta and Anton - two very dedicated MSc students who did the work for this paper as their MSc theses.

Best wishes

John

Professor John R Porter PhD DSc
Climate and Food Security