[AgMIP] AgMIP Town Hall at AGU -- Tuesday evening

agmip at lists.agmip.org agmip at lists.agmip.org
Wed Dec 9 16:24:57 BRST 2015

Hi All,

I'd like to encourage you to please join our AgMIP Town Hall event if you w=
ill be attending the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting in San Francis=
co next week:

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/meetingapp.cgi/Session/10089
Tuesday, 15 December 2015; 18:15 - 19:15 Moscone West -- 2008

The AgMIP Town Hall will provide an opportunity to learn more about the Agr=
icultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP; www.agmip.o=
rg<http://www.agmip.org>), its ongoing research and application activities,=
 and our newest emphasis on linking models, disciplines, and scales for a C=
oordinated Global and Regional Assessment of Climate and Food Security.  We=
 will also discuss our efforts to build evaluation frameworks for sustainab=
le farming systems as well as developments in the construction of next-gene=
ration model, data, and knowledge products.

The Town Hall will be led by a number of AgMIP leaders who will be present =
at AGU.  We will encourage discussion on new ideas and opportunities, resea=
rch priorities, and potential applications for agricultural models, and the=
refore invite participation both by researchers already involved in AgMIP a=
ctivities and those who might be looking for a way to collaborate.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Some background on AgMIP:
AgMIP (www.agmip.org) is an international community of climate, crop, lives=
tock, economics, and information technology experts working to further the =
development and application of multi-model, multi-scale, multi-disciplinary=
 agricultural modeling frameworks that can inform policy- and decision-make=
rs around the world.  AgMIP is a network of 800+ agricultural researchers a=
nd stakeholders conducting more than 30 community-led research activities. =
Results inform decision making in present day and shed light on challenges =
that we will face as climate, economic, technological, and social changes a=
ffect the coming decades.  AgMIP methods utilize cutting-edge linkages betw=
een biological, geophysical, and economic models and data, helping demonstr=
ate the value of earth information in a societal decision-making context.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

      I hope to see you there!
             -Alex

--
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Dr. Alex C. Ruane
alexander.c.ruane at nasa.gov