[AgMIP] Vacancy - Ecosystems Modeller

agmip at lists.agmip.org agmip at lists.agmip.org
Tue May 21 08:12:04 BRT 2013

Hi, Could you please circulate this job advert to our AgMIP colleagues?
Thanks,
Mike

The James Hutton Institute.

Information and Computational Sciences

ECOSYSTEM MODELLER

Salary =A327,792 - =A329,566 / =A335,282 - =A337,534 per annum *

We are seeking an experienced Ecosystem Modeller to contribute to our envir=
onmental sustainability research programme.  By developing links with empir=
ical scientists and other modellers working at a range of scales, both with=
in the James Hutton Institute and with external national and international =
research groups, you will make your mark by furthering our understanding of=
 the impacts of climate, management and land use change on above- and below=
-ground carbon and nutrient dynamics in both semi-natural and agricultural =
systems.  An important role will be in the development and evaluation of in=
novative land management strategies to directly contribute to GHG emission =
reduction targets, and in providing relevant evidence to policy makers.

The successful candidate should have a PhD directly relevant to simulation =
modelling, demonstrable experience in modelling vegetation and soil process=
es and a track record of high quality scientific publications in this area.=
  Expertise in spatial analysis and experience in interdisciplinary working=
 and interacting with external stakeholders would all be advantageous.

* For appointment at the higher grade evidence of the ability to attract ex=
ternal research funding is required.

This post is based in Aberdeen but there may be a requirement to travel bet=
ween sites.

Further information is available from www.hutton.ac.uk/careers<http://www.h=
utton.ac.uk/careers<http://www.hutton.ac.uk/careers%3chttp:/www.hutton.ac.u=
k/careers>>. To apply please submit a covering letter and CV, (including th=
e names and addresses of 3 referees one of which must be your current or mo=
st recent employer) by e-mail to vacancies at hutton.ac.uk<mailto:vacancies at hu=
tton.ac.uk<mailto:vacancies at hutton.ac.uk%3cmailto:vacancies at hutton.ac.uk>> =
or by post to HR Office Dundee, Invergowrie, Dundee, DD2 5DA  by Friday 7 J=
une 2013.  Please quote reference number JHI 25-13 in all correspondence.

The James Hutton Institute

T: 0844 928 5428*

This email is from the James Hutton Institute, however the views

expressed by the sender are not necessarily the views of the James Hutton

Institute and its subsidiaries. This email and any attachments are confiden=
tial and =

are intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addres=
sed.

If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose =
or rely on =

any information contained in this email, and we would ask you to contact th=
e =

sender immediately and delete the email from your system.  Although the Jam=
es =

Hutton Institute has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are =
present =

in this email, neither the Institute nor the sender accepts any responsibil=
ity for any =

viruses, and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachment=
s.

The James Hutton Institute is a Scottish charitable company limited by guar=
antee.

Registered in Scotland No. SC374831

Registered Office: The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie Dundee DD2 5DA. =

Charity No. SC041796