[AgMIP] US National Science Foundation Opportunity for International Partnerships

agmip at lists.agmip.org agmip at lists.agmip.org
Thu Sep 22 18:11:54 BRT 2011

I've been getting alot of interest from people for the SEES postdoctoral
opportunity I posted to the list last month, but it has been pointed out
that these positions are only available for US citizens or permanent
residents.

The PEER program may be a good opportunity for non-US citizens to put
together proposals for similar projects with the (NSF funded) RDCEP, so I'm
going to reproduce that call for proposals below (note that PEER is not a
postdoctoral funding program, so that part of the below solicitation does
not apply).

Cheers,
joshua

For PhD students looking toward graduating in 2012 (or having received a PhD
within the last 4 years), the interdisciplinary NSF Science, Engineering,
and Education for Sustainability
(SEES<http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=3D504673>)
postdoctoral fellowships provide a great opportunity to work on climate
impacts and at the intersection of climate and social sciences more broadly.
The center for Robust Decision-making in Climate and Energy Policy
(RDCEP<http://rdcep.org/>)
at the University of Chicago is looking for qualified applicants to prepare
focused proposals for postdoctoral fellowships located or co-located at the
center. Through the Computation Institute, a joint operation of the
University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory, applicants will have
access to advisers and resources at two of the countries top research
institutions.

Projects are expected to vary widely, but areas could include land-use and
land-cover change modeling and analysis (including agriculture, forestry,
hydrology, etc.), integrated assessment modeling, life-cycle analysis, big
data, computation, and information technology at the intersection of climate
and social sciences, etc.

Deadline for applications to the program is December 5th. If you're
interested, please contact me ASAP to discuss project and supervisor
options.

Sincerely,
joshua

-- =